Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My New-To-Me Ford XLT

I took these pictures just on a whim and my husband thought I was crazy and now I’m posting them which makes me even more crazy.  I guess it’s what I do when my husband is out home teaching and I’m sitting here being a little bored.  You could say I’m a little bored and excited at the same time because I’m posting about my new (new to me) vehicle I bought this past weekend.  I’ve been looking for months for a new vehicles, an SUV to be exact.  When I went to Utah this past week I was looking on kslcars.com when I came across a Ford Explorer XLT……a 2006 with almost 100,000 miles.  My nephew (by marriage) works as a mechanic at the place that was selling the vehicle so I had him check it out before I got too excited.  He stated that it had never been a wreck, had all original parts, rode really nice and seemed to be an ok vehicle so I bought it.  Agh-h-h-h!  I hope buying an older vehicle with that many miles doesn’t come back to bite me.  It cost more than I make in a year so that in itself was a pretty scary purchase for me.  I did, however, pay extra to get a 100,000 mile, 5-year warranty.  Not far from home, my new vehicle turned to 100,000 miles.  I pulled off the road, which my husband thought a little strange, and took pictures.  Pictures from both sides of my vehicle, the front, and the actual mile gauge.  I know, C-R-A-Z-Y, but that’s the way my life is sometimes.  Have to entertain myself somehow!
IMG_4694

IMG_4696

IMG_4697

IMG_4695

IMG_4701

IMG_4702

4 comments:

Judy Malkiewicz said...

Super - now, you'll be able to get up that Mine Hill! jm

Anonymous said...

Good Looking Car And Pretty Pictures

Anonymous said...

Wow. It really puts things into perspective when you say that the vehicle cost more than what you make in a year (since I know how much you paid for it)! YOU NEED A RAISE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor new baby out in the snow. It is saying put me in the garage this white stuff on the ground is cold. Nice looking outfit. Hope you enjoy it...Max