Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stayin Alive Concert

My daughter and her husband gifted my husband and I with an early Christmas present.  They wouldn't tell us what it was, they just told us we needed to be at their home on Friday before 6pm. 

This was our "Early Christmas Surprise"……
IMG_4592

Yes, I’m getting to be, as they say….an Oldie Goldie!  I definitely came from the Disco Era and loved it.  My husband and I used to go dancing weekly.  At one time, we even got asked if we were professionals.  Too Funny!  The early Christmas was a total surprise and we loved every minute of it.  Here are a few highlight photos.  Although it was quite dark and the pictures aren’t that great, the evening sure was.  This group sounded amazingly similar to the original Bee Gees.  
IMG_4572

IMG_4577

IMG_4574

IMG_4580

They had an area in the back where people could go and dance to the music if they wanted to.  I asked my husband if he would like to go give it a whirl but he didn’t want to.  I thought we should have cause some of the people dancing didn’t have a clue as to what Disco moves were.  Oh well, it was all fun.  They even had a Disco ball hanging from the ceiling to add to the mood of the concert. – Fun.
IMG_4579

Here are a few short videos I took and once again, because of the darkness, they turned out pretty bad but it gives you some clue as to what the concert was like.
.


After the concert, we walked around for a bit looking at a lot of pictures in the new BYU-Idaho Center.  As we were walking down the stairs, my daughter was in front of me and I had to snap a photo of her hair.  Isn't it gorgeous.................considering two years ago  we almost lost her to Septic Shock and she lost most of her hair.  It's taken quite awhile but it's grown back in thick and full.
 
The next three pictures are of the Rexburg Temple that I took through the windows of the BYU-Idaho Center.  I thought the reflections were beautiful.










After our walk, Amber and Corey took us to a fun little place called "The Coco Bean", where you could get gormet cupcakes, etc.  Pricey, but good.  Amber and Corey ordered for us since we hadn't been there before, and I must say.............Good Choice.



3 comments:

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y said...

Great post & what a fun Christmas present! I would love to see you and Evan dance! Amber's hair is AMAZING and I'm so glad it grew back in, that would be so scary to lose so much hair & I feel for her with Septic Shock! We had a similar experience with my husband, very scary! She's one tuff cooky! :O)

Anonymous said...

Looked like a fun evening. You should have just drug Mr. Sayer on the dance floor. Don't tell him I called him Mr. Sayer. That is for being a party pooper and not dancing ha ha....Max

Amber Sayer Walker said...

That was sooooo much fun! I'm glad you guys came! Oh, and thanks for not taking a butt-shot. ;c)