Saturday, April 14, 2012

Frozen In Time

I was going through some of my pictures today when I came across our crab apple tree, as you might say.......frozen-in-time.  By mistake, early last spring, we'd left the sprinklers on all night and when we got up in the morning, to our surprise, our crab apple tree was covered in ice.  Every branch, flower, blossom, bud, and leaf was totally encased.  I thought for sure we had killed our little tree but as the sun continued to shine and all the ice had melted, there stood our tree just as beautiful as ever.





4 comments:

Bridget and Ellyn said...

I love your quote from Gordon B. Hinckley on BOOKS! I enjoy books the same way. Just holding one of your favorites brings a flood of feelings and memories.

Anonymous said...

Hey those were "COOL" shots. Frozen in time is a good title. Max

Mady said...

I love with this happens. I know it probably isn't the best for a tree but it is so beautiful and just looks like nature understood how important the beauty of the tree was and wanted to capture it and add its own little touch!

Seth and Natalie said...

those pictures are beautiful! Here's hoping there will be no freezing at all by the time those bud out this year.