Saturday, January 14, 2017

Elk Visitors

On December 31st, we had a couple of elk visitors in our field.  We also seen them one other time but have not seen them in over a week.  It's fun to look out our window at just the right time to see these magnificent animals.  They are much larger than the deer that often frequent our property.  Just for a comparison, here are pictures of both.  The deer are also much closer to our home (just over the fence)...while the elk are much farther away (at the bottom of the field).
 
It would be quite exciting if the elk came next to the house like the deer.  But for now, I guess it's OK to just get a little excited.

5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Great pictures. I remember seeing Elk up close when we were driving to a "backwoods" hiking trail in Northern Arizona. Some were just a few feet from our car. They are huge animals. It was a little scary. I hoped they didn't run at our car or anything - they could have really done some damage. My fears were unfounded. We started them as much as they startled us and we just looked at each other and stayed our distance. It was quite a sight though. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I hope you have a great Sunday.

LeAnn said...

I love that you are blessed to be so close to herds of dear and elk. I think they are magnificent. Blessings and hugs for the photos~

Barb said...

Hi!

I loved your Christmas post! I was a, scrooge as well this year, actually, most years. Christmas, believe it or not, is not my favorite holiday. I love it, I love the reason and meaning of Christmas, but I just don't love the commercialized mess that it has become. Enough of my soap-box!

Your daughter looks so much like you - she is just beautiful! And your little grandson is adorable! I can't believe how big he is getting! There truly is nothing like seeing those sweet little innocent faces on, Christmas morning. Your home looks so cozy and warm, and your tree is very cute! It sounds like you have some really great traditions that will likely be carried on through the generations. I hope your daughter is feeling better - so sad she couldn't be with you, but, thank goodness for technology!

The elk are gorgeous! I love seeing them this time of year, and you are the lucky one to live to close that they visit you!

Stay warm!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi!

The elk are gorgeous! I love seeing them this time of year, and you are the lucky one to live to close that they visit you!

Hugs,
Barb

Seth and Natalie said...

Weird that the elk have decided to live down there this winter, that is usually a deer only territory!