Friday, January 13, 2017

Christmas - 2016

I just could not get into Christmas this year.  I usually put my tree and decorations up the day after Thanksgiving but this year I didn't even put them up until December 20th.  I know....bah, humbug!  I didn't even go to our ward Christmas party this year....double bah, humbug!
But, once I did get up the decorations, the excitement starting settling in. 
 
 
 
Each day I got more excited for Christmas and was so looking forward to my family coming.....then things started falling apart.....piece by piece.  Our oldest daughter and her family had planned on coming on the 21st but due to sickness in their family they were not able to come until Friday.  But hey, that was OK!...at least they were able to come.  Our youngest daughter was not so lucky, she was also really sick and was unable to make it......we really missed her! 
On Christmas Eve, our little grandson opened up the traditional Christmas pajamas.  It was definitely a fun Christmas where he was old enough now to realize that something was inside that colored paper. 
On the bright side though, it turned out to be such a wonderful Christmas.  First thing Christmas morning, we just opened what was in the stockings, went to church, then came home to open presents.  Before opening gifts, and while everyone was in their church clothes, we decided to take some family pictures.  This was a process..............
 
When it came time to open presents, we face-timed our youngest daughter and it was just like she was in the room with us.  At first, our grandson was a little hesitant about opening up presents but once he got the hang of it, he was asking whose each present was, then he would take it to them and proceed to rip it open.  So fun.
 
 
 
That evening, we had our traditional Christmas meal by candlelight and yes, the little grand had fun trying to blow out the candles.  When everyone had finished eating, he innocently asked...."more presents?"  Oh, almost forgot to tell about this but it was so cute, I have to tell it....you know, grandma mode.  Our little grandson wanted to say the blessing on the food and in doing so, his dad would say a few words and then he would repeat what his dad said.  At one point, his dad said, "and we're thankful for"...and our grandson said "and we're thankful for, 5, 6, 7....................
Yes indeed, I did get that Christmas Spirit....so much so, that I still have my tree up and I've been watching a Hallmark Christmas movie almost every night since.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some nice pictures. Looks like you all had a good time. Too bad Britt couldn't have been there...Max

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like a nice Christmas. Some years it does take a while to get in the Christmas mood! So nice that at least one of your daughters could be with you. I love the family pictures! Your daughter looks so much like you. Your grandson is darling. Have a great week!

LeAnn said...

I really enjoyed reading your Christmas post and seeing all the fun photos. I loved the ones of your little grandson and really enjoyed the family ones. You have a lovely family and I am sorry that your other daughter's family couldn't come. I like your decorations and I love Hallmark movies.
Big hugs and love on this one!

daiseedeb said...

He's such a cutie pie! Sounds like a great Christmas. I always want to leave up all the decorations way after Christmas. I'm glad you go that Christmas spirit! Better late than never! ; )

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I loved your Christmas post! I was a, scrooge as well this year, actually, most years. Christmas, believe it or not, is not my favorite holiday. I love it, I love the reason and meaning of Christmas, but I just don't love the commercialized mess that it has become. Enough of my soap-box!

Your daughter looks so much like you - she is just beautiful! And your little grandson is adorable! I can't believe how big he is getting! There truly is nothing like seeing those sweet little innocent faces on, Christmas morning. Your home looks so cozy and warm, and your tree is very cute! It sounds like you have some really great traditions that will likely be carried on through the generations. I hope your daughter is feeling better - so sad she couldn't be with you, but, thank goodness for technology!

Stay warm!

Hugs,
Barb