Monday, November 14, 2016

SUPER MOON

Have you been watching the "Super Moon" the past few days?  It is the biggest it has appeared in the last 68 years and we won't see another moon like this until the year 2034 (18 years).
I found the following photo on CNN.COM...........Wouldn't that have been awesome to have been a passenger on that flight.
 
The following information was also found on CNN.....

A "supermoon" occurs when the moon becomes full on the same day as its perigee, the point in the moon's orbit when it is closest to Earth.
The term is borrowed from the pseudoscience of astrology but has been adopted by popular culture and astronomers. Supermoons generally appear to be 14% bigger and 30% brighter than other full moons. According to EarthSky.org, the moon will turn precisely full on November 14 at 1:52 p.m. UTC, or 8:52 a.m. ET.
Last night, my husband was talking about how bright the moon was so I went outside to see.  It was another one of those awe moments for me.  The moon was behind clouds and yet it was still shining brightly through them and was casting an orange glow among the clouds surrounding it.  The clouds were moving swiftly past the moon giving different views with each second that passed.
I don't have a camera with the technology to get great photos of the moon but from the photos I did get, you can at least visualize the beauty of what I saw.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I really love the photos you took. They are unique and would make a good graphic. I was so excited to see that huge moon out tonight. I had forgot about it and there it was as we were heading off to an activity. I liked your information. Blessings and hugs~