Wednesday, November 9, 2016

November Horseshoe Tree & Bombay Chest Decorations

Thought I’d better get my blog up for my November horseshoe tree and the decorations I used to decorate my Bombay chest where I sit my tree. I usually can’t find anything that I like as far as decorations go for the month of November.  It seems that most times, Thanksgiving is basically skipped over and the pickings are pretty slim to find decorations.  This year, however, I found some decorations that I really like.  So, lets get started………….
 
I bought the chest scarf a year or so back, thinking I could use it for the months of September, October and November.  I only used it for Halloween and Thanksgiving this year, but I think it worked out wonderful for these months.  I’m using the same horseshoe tree decoration this month that I used for September and a few of the decorations (tree ribbon, acorns, pumpkin, cattails, rustic tin can and pinecones) for the past two months have also been used again.  But…………I also purchased new items for this month.  First, the tree.  I went to the Family Dollar store in October and was looking around when I found some Thanksgiving greeting cards.  These cards were three-dimensional with falls leaves and different words (Thanks – Blessings – Gratitude) attached to the leaves.  I thought…hey…why not purchase three cards, remove the leaves from the cards and attach them to the acorns that I used in September.  Tree done.
 


 
I also found turkey and acorn salt and pepper shakers at the Family Dollar store.  Check……..two more November/Thanksgiving decoration.

 
I need to jump back a few months, to the month of September when I went to Utah and found my first Thanksgiving treasure.  My daughter took me to Gordmans, a chain of Midwestern off-price department stores.  They carry many different items from clothes, home décor, shoes, jewelry, toys………………  I think my favorite part of the store is the home décor section.  That’s where this turkey immediately caught my eye and so, I made it mine.  I love the patterns on the body, wings, and tail feathers.
 
On November 1st, my friend called me and asked if I would like to ride to Idaho Falls with her.  Off we went………  My first find was at Jo-Ann Fabrics.  Not a lot or a big item, but enough to add to the theme of Thanksgiving.  I purchased leaves, decorative fall leaves with just the right touch of glitter to give me the look I wanted.  I placed one on my pumpkin and others around the chest top.
 
 
And finally, as we were headed out of town, we made one last stop at Wal-Mart, where I found the perfect, tea light, glass pumpkin.  I love how the top is decorated with metal leaves and that the tea light adds just enough soft glow to the desk to make it feel like…..hmmm…can’t explain that one, but the season is here.  Oh, and did I mention that it was on clearance.  Decorations Complete!
 
 
I pray that we may all remember during the holiday season (and always), to GIVE THANKS……to give thanks to GOD, for our many blessings and all gifts he freely gives.  It is HE, who truly gives us all things!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual another great post and gives us a reminder to think about what we have to be thankful for. Love the decorations...Max

LeAnn said...

I really love your decorations. I would say that they are bring about a warm feeling. The tea light was perfect. I have been looking for Thanksgiving decorations too and that season is skipped for some reason. Loved that you found some good buys. Blessings for this season and big hugs~

daiseedeb said...

You are a wonderful artist, my dear! Love everything you put together. Well done!!!
; )

Deb J. in Utah said...

So cute and festive for Thanksgiving!