Monday, July 28, 2014

Three Bull Moose

You’re not going to believe what I went through to get these pictures this morning.  Early this morning, at 6 a.m., my husband woke me to tell me we had a large moose on our lawn.  I jumped (that’s an exaggeration…I can’t jump….who am I kidding) out of bed and grabbed my camera.  First off, it was too dark outside, there were reflections from the windows, took a few pictures and my camera battery went dead, ran out of disk space and was running all around the house trying to find another disk, and as I opened the blinds slowly on another side of the house to get a picture, there were three cars traveling up the road and I was there……standing in my underwear!  Oh well, anything for a good photo, right?!  But after all that, I did get a good photo, or two and I was also able to get some video footage so I guess all wasn’t lost.  There were actually three of them….one on the yard and two more just over the fence and they were all bulls.  One was quite small but the other two were huge……ExCiTeMeNt!  By this time, I think I may have been jumping – Ha!

IMG_9038

IMG_9044

IMG_9047

IMG_9068

.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Hehehehehe! The things we won't do for a good blog post!! I love it!

What beautiful moose! We used to see them once in a while in our ward, but there are so many houses now, that they never come down this far. You are so lucky to live where nature can be right outside your backdoor! The big moose in the video was awesome! Those pipes didn't bother this one bit!

My husband and I used to be avid hunters, and years ago (like 30) he shot a huge bull moose, who is still hanging on the wall in his reloading room. I would love to have it hanging at, Sportsmans, or Cabela's, but until then . . .he's ours . . . our grandkids love him.

What fun pictures!

Hugs,
Barb

Barb said...

P.S. I would not be jumping out of bed either!