Monday, July 7, 2014

All Natural Weed Killer – It Works!

I came across an all natural weed killer on the internet and had written it down in a notebook some time ago.  Yesterday, I remembered writing down this solution and decided to give it a try.  It worked AMAZING!  I wanted to share it with others so today I went outside and took some before pictures then one hour later, I took other pictures of the same weeds.  It’s hard to believe that this stuff works so well but as a caution, it will also kill any other weeds or plants you get it on so you need to be very careful when spraying .  Here are the before and after pictures after 1 hour of spraying.

IMG_8920 IMG_8934

IMG_8921 IMG_8927

IMG_8925 IMG_8932

Following are just a few more thistles that I also sprayed an hour earlier.  We placed straw around all of our tomato and zucchini plants trying to keep the weeds down but it didn’t seem to detour the thistle, much.  Until now……mwah-ha-ha-ha.

IMG_8931 IMG_8930

I hope I haven’t lead you astray and that this stuff is really not a super, fertilizing agent and that I don’t wake up in the morning to 5 foot tall weeds and thistle growing around our yard.

Capture

A few years back, I bought a Flo-Master hand sprayer and I Love It.  It holds up to 2.5 pints of liquid.  All you do is pump the green lever on the top to build up some pressure and then push down on the green thumb pad to spray your solution.  You can lock down the thumb pad by pushing on the black button on top of the thumb pad and pushing it again to release the lock.  You can also adjust your flow of liquid from a stream to a spraying position by turning the end nozzle.  Works great for me.

You can purchase one of these sprayers on line at www.atgstores.com.  After going to the site, go to Tools – Lawn & Garden – Sprayers…and then arrow down just a bit to find the sprayer.  You can get it for a total of $12.27 (that includes free shipping), which is cheaper than the price I found on Amazon or Wal-Mart.  I have personally never used this company but I was just searching for a good price on this sprayer and this site came up.

*****I just went outside (3 1/2 hours later) to check on the weeds and thistle and at this point, they are more dead than the after pictures I took previously.  The thistles are totally black – yeah!

2 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

I have wanted to try this weed spray but didn't want to waste my ingredients in case it didn't work. Thanks for always being the guinea pig!

Anonymous said...

We will have to give it a try we have tons of thistle at the cabin. Would be fantastic if it works..Max