Friday, February 8, 2013

Crocheted Dishcloth

Since December, I’ve been crocheting tops on kitchen towels that are hung from a kitchen drawer handle or the oven door handle and dishcloths.  I’ve actually crocheted the kitchen towels for some time, along with hot pads with the dishcloths being my most recent.  I found the dishcloth pattern on the internet and really like how it puts a scalloped edge on the top and sides.  I found the instructions to be very easy…..my kind of pattern.

This is the dishcloth that I made today.  I’m experimenting with different yarn thicknesses and brands of yarn to see which one makes the best dishcloth.  This blue yarn is a 75% cotton, 25% acrylic mix.  I’ve never used a mix before so I don’t know how it will work but I guess I’ll find out.

IMG_5052

IMG_5056

IMG_5056

I made this next dishcloth last month, using a much thinner cotton thread/yarn.  It looks too flimsy for a dishcloth, but it actually works quite well.

IMG_5057

IMG_5058

This is the first dishcloth I made, using a much thicker, cotton yarn.  It absorbs quite well but I’m not too sure I like the thickness.  I think I would like it better used as a washcloth.

IMG_5063

Now, for the kitchen towel…………get ready………..and no, your computer monitor color hues do not need to be adjusted.  My sister is really into yellow and orange colors so thus, the bright towel.  A lot of people like bright colors but for me, not so much.  I’m a traditional (boring) color type of person. 

IMG_5060

IMG_5061

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look nice. You are just a little miss homemaker. The yellow is good to brighten things up. It is her other sister that is the yellow girl not me. ha ha Max

Anonymous said...

Yes Pretty Towel I Do Like The Colors...Janis...

Seth and Natalie said...

Those look awesome! I love crocheted dish clothes, they seem to be not quite as stinky. Now if I only knew how to crochet...