Sunday, December 2, 2012

Winter Lake Effect

It may be a little play/pun on words but I think we are getting what I would call…..a winter “Lake Effect”!  We received about 1” of snow yesterday early on and when it warmed up a bit, it started raining and it hasn’t quit….thus, the lake effect.  Our driveway is literally becoming a lake.  Too bad it wasn’t spring/summer and then all the little birdies could take advantage of all the water.  I love watching the birds play in our driveway puddles after a nice spring rain.

IMG_4713

IMG_4714

I was trying to get a close up pictures of some raindrops on the bushes to the left of our driveway but it was raining to hard and I kept getting water on the lens, making my focus a little blurry.  I was actually shooting from inside the car but it was raining so hard that beside my lens getting wet, I was getting soaked in the process.  I got one photo and that was it.  I was going for an up-close and personal shot of one tiny drop that was hanging between a forked branch.  Maybe when it stops raining and some of the drops are still hanging around, I can get my close-up.

IMG_4715

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janis Says That is A Lot Of Rain Better Get Your Boat Ready.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Wow! Feel like you're in Seattle yet?