Thursday, June 9, 2011

Psycho Blue Bird

Janis (my sister) and I went for a ride up the Mine Hill yesterday.  It was so pretty up there.  There were lots of wild flowers in bloom in almost every color you could think of.  I only took a few pictures of the flowers because my attention was diverted to a psycho, blue bird.


In the first picture, it seems we have a normal looking, beautiful, little blue bird.

But............... I'm here to tell you, with photographic proof, that looks can be deceiving.  This little blue bird was hilarious.  We sat and watch him for close to an hour.  He was flying all around us, attacking the suburban side mirrors and landing on the antenna.  He would also land on the ground right next to the suburban then the next thing you knew, he was on the wheel rims, then the entire process would start over again.  I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't have seen it with my own eyes.  I even took video of it but where I am new to this entire blog thingy, I wasn't quite sure how to get the video part loaded on my computer.  If I get it figured out, I will post the video so you can laugh with me.


1 comment:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

You're making me want to come home! It's so beautiful there! Glad you survived the bird encounter.