Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Leaving Paradise

After our adventure out back today and after our lunch, my sis and I went outside to plant some flowers by the greenhouse.  I know, it's like a dirty word, but I actually used "Silk Flowers" in this particular spot.  All the hoses and faucets are used to water the lawn areas and it is difficult to get water to this area so thus, the silk flowers......Sorry!

After we finished planting (a-hem) flowers, we went and sat under the pines.  The wind was blowing and if you've never sat under the pines when the wind is blowing, you're really missing out.

While we were sitting there, I noticed something really sparkly and glittering under one of the pines (sorry, it didn't show up in the picture).  I said to Jan, "wow, look at that sparkle...maybe it's gold".  She replied, "we rich".  And to her reply I stated, "WE".  After closer observation, it was only tree sap......how disappointing.  You had to be there but we laughed over this for quite some time.

The pines are also getting these red-like knobs on them.  I am assuming they are little pine cones in the making.  After awhile, it was getting a bit chilly so we left paradise and went in the house

No comments: