Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Didn't Know What Hit Him

Isn't this bird beautiful.  As I was doing dinner dishes, I heard a thud against our dining room window.  Janis was standing there and she said a bird hit the window and that it was down on the ground.  While the bird was in a stunned state, I grabbed my camera and headed out the door.  It was totally stunned and I got right up next to it to get a good picture.  I watched it for awhile to make sure it would be OK.  After about 30 minutes, it left.  Sure glad it didn't really get hurt bad.  I came in the house and got on my computer and about that time my sister, Maxine (bird watcher) called and I was explaining the situation to her and what the bird looked like and she told me to look up Bullock's Oriole and sure enough, that's what it is.  It sure is beautiful and under the circumstances, I hope I don't get that close to another one.

No comments: