Friday, June 17, 2011

No Greater Love

This is my Father's wallet. When Dad and Mom started dating, he took her to a dance. The ticket on the wallet is the ticket from that dance. He kept this ticket safely tucked away in his wallet until the day he passed away, 67 years later. 

We were going to have the ticket framed in a shadow box with a picture that was taken of them before they were married.

At the last moment, we decided that if Dad had kept this ticket with him all these years, out of the deep love he had for Mom, that it should still be with him, and we gently tucked the ticket through the lid of the casket.

After the funeral, I was going through some of Dad's pictures and I came across this one.  At first, I thought......how weird.....double exposure?   Then a thought came to my mind and it reminded me that we are never alone and that life is eternal and no matter what the situation, our loved ones are always there, waiting to greet us.

1 comment:

rudi48 said...

Your Dad's wallet brought tears to my eyes. When my mother died, her purse was very hard for me and I really didn't do anything with it for several years.

I'm sorry for your loss. Love, jm