Sunday, February 4, 2018

February 2018 Visiting Teaching Handout

For the month of February, the principle asked of us is to get to know the sisters we visit teach and to get to know their families.
Lucy Mack Smith, mother of the Prophet Joseph Smith, expressed her feelings in 1842 about how Latter-day Saint sisters in the newly established Relief Society should feel about one another.  She said, "We must cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another and gain instruction, that we may all sit down in heaven together."
What a powerful statement............cherish, watch over, comfort and gain instruction. WOW!
Another statement given is: The sisters we visit may be "strangers" as we begin our service, but as we get to know them and their families, our desire will increase to "bear one another's burdens, that they may be light" and have our "hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another."
Think of visiting teaching as not just visiting teaching but as VISITING TEACHING...that we may get to know, love and cherish one another.
The very first statement for the Visiting Teaching Principle is this: Visiting teaching is about sincerely coming to know and love each sister so that we can help strengthen her faith and give service.
I know that through visiting teaching, I have truly come to know and love the sisters I visit.  I have gained friendships and through their faith and service, it is ME that has been abundantly blessed!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Thanks for this one Marsha! You always come up with awesome graphics and I loved your thoughts on this one. I too love Visiting Teaching and getting to well those I visit. It is the key to following the quotes you gave.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way for this one!

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Beautiful thoughts on Visiting Teaching! What a privilege it is to visit the sweet ladies I teach and learn from them, they really do bless my life more than I bless theirs. I really love your handout, they are so pretty, and my ladies love them as well!! thank you for making one each month and posting it...blessing across the miles!

About the snow...yes, we need some snow! I know that the reservoir are full, but is this the beginning of more drought years and wildfires?! I hope not. I will be praying for moisture in any form!

I think about you often and wonder how you are doing with your daughter's move...I know it's hard for you to be away from that cute little grandson. Extra gentle hugs to you sweet friend.

Love,
Barb