Saturday, January 27, 2018

Canadian Geese & Jumping Deer 1.26.18

As I was headed home from town yesterday, I noticed numerous deer around homes along the highway.  Ok............not going home.  I turned around and headed for the mine hill bridge to see what, or if there was anything I could capture with my camera.
Along the bank of the river was a group of Canadian Geese.  They were being very odd.  I watched them for quite some time and they never moved a muscle.  For as long as I sat and watched, and with the exception of one in the back, the others along the bank did not even move their heads.  N.A.D.A.
It was time to move on so I took some back roads hoping to see some deer.  BINGO......they never seem to disappoint.....they are everywhere.

 

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi!

Wow! Those deer were looking at the fence like they couldn't possibly jump it and then....boing, up and over, they made it look easy! I wonder why the geese were being so still? Maybe a defense thing? They were sure pretty, and I'm glad you decided to take a drive, I love seeing the wildlife in your neck of the woods!!

Stay warm!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

LeAnn said...

I must say you got some great geese photos and the photos of the dear werre awesome. I loved watching them jumb the fence. I think it is wonderful that you are near wildlife and can catch them doing things like this.
Blessings and hugs!