Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Deer Population

I think our little town has more deer population this year, than people.  Everywhere you look and no matter what street you drive down, you will see deer.  I usually take my rides somewhere around 4pm to see the most deer, but they are actually out at all times.
This little fella was hiding right next to the road.  Do you think he was thinking....hmmmm, if I don't look at her, maybe she won't even notice me hiding here in the willows.
But, as you might have guessed, the mamma was not too far away from her little one.
As I was headed home, this deer stood right in the middle of the street, only moving to the side as I passed.  They are so calm, they seem to be more like pets than wildlife.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi!

Wow, that's crazy! I think they feel safe and secure in your cute little town! The deer really look good, nice and fat and well taken care of. I love that they're not camera shy! Thanks for sharing with us...I love your photos!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I love that. We are enjoying them on our early morning drives as well. Such a treat.
That is one little deer!