Saturday, November 11, 2017

Raking Leaves on a Windy Day

November 1st was a windy day, and a day for raking leaves.  Well actually, when I started raking leaves the wind wasn't blowing too much but by the time I had finished the wind decided to really pick up. As you can see in the pictures, it was picking up a lot of leaves with it, placing them around the already raked piles.  But hey, look at it this way..........it gave me and my husband something to do a few days later.  Right?  What else have we got to do in retirement?!
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have lots of leaves like you but thank goodness for a riding lawn mower with grass catcher on the back. You need to pull your cart behind the 4 wheeler and load them on as you rake them so the wind can't spread them out faster than you rake them :) Max

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Did I read right...retirement?! Well, I promise you, you will be busier than ever mow!! But, that's awesome!! We should get together for lunch sometime!

That darn wind!! You can always bet the minute I pick up a rake, it will start blowing.

Your, Halloween pictures were creepy!! But, I would get a kick out of all the creepiness...after all, it was Halloween!

I can't remember the last time I went to a school carnival, what fun! My daughter-in-law did ask me if I would be a witch at my grandsons school carnival, but I wasn't feeling well...who better to ask than you MIL, right?! Maybe next year... :0)

Fun post, and super fun video!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

Did I read right...retirement?! Well, I promise you, you will be busier than ever now!! But, that's awesome!! We should get together for lunch sometime!

That darn wind!! You can always bet the minute I pick up a rake, it will start blowing.

Hugs and Love,
Barb