Friday, November 17, 2017

Heavy Snow & Fallen Electrical Lines

Yesterday morning we woke up to this........
It was so pretty, wet, heavy and deep.  All the trees and bushes were maxed out with the heavy load and most of the morning our power was totally blitzing off and on every few minutes.  I heard my husband leave the house and when he came back in, I heard these words "We've got big problems."  When I asked him what was going on.........well, see for yourself in the photos below.
The hot wires did not come down because of the heavy snow, but just because of an old, rotted out pole that fell on our shop (see 2nd photo below).  My husband called the power company and they came to our home and cut the wires from the main electric pole.  After they left, my husband put the wire away but we will not be able to get electricity to the shop until after the Holidays.
The pole was totally rotted at the base and didn't take much to push it over.
 
There was very little damage to the shop roof.  Just a small dent - Whew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks pretty now I have seen it you can keep it up there. I will enjoy it from afar it is easier to shovel. Glad the pole didn't do a lot of damage to the shop...Max

Barb said...

Hi!

Oh no! I almost called you today to see if you were snowed in...looks like you are! That's terrible about your power pole, but at least it didn't damage your shop too much. That heavy snow is so beautiful, I love to see it on the trees and shrubs, that first photo is gorgeous!! Bob was teaching a self-reliance class for 12 weeks, so we didn't go to the river this year, I'm sure they have had snow off and on for weeks!

I hope that this winter isn't as bad as last winter, but I'm afraid we're in for another snowy, cold one!

Warm hugs and Love,
Barb

LeAnn said...

Oh my, I am so sorry that you had this happen. I am glad it didn't hurt the shop. Heavy wet snow can cause a lot of damage to trees for sure.
The snow storm looks like a big one. Many years ago when we lived in Spokane we had a horrible ice storm that took down about 30 Ponderosa trees on our property. Nature at it's worst for sure.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way and prayers that you don't have any other snow problems this year.