Monday, April 10, 2017

Loving and Lifting Others - May 2017 Relief Society Handout

At the beginning of each month, a member of the Relief Society Presidency is directed to give the lesson in Relief Society.  For the first week in May, it is my turn to decide which lesson I will give.  At this moment, and I say that, because it has happened before where I was totally prepared to give a lesson and at the last minute, I was inspired to teach something else on a totally different subject.  So once again, I say....at this moment, my plans are to give my lesson on Loving and Lifting Others. 
My thoughts on giving this lesson at this time revolved around Easter and Mothers Day.  Since this lesson falls between those two events, I thought, who better to guide and show us how to love and lift others, than the teachings of Jesus Christ and our mothers.
Along with my lessons, I like to make a handout.  For me, a handout helps me to visualize the lesson and to bring back to mind the topic that was presented and discussed.  So, with the thought of loving and lifting others, this is the handout I created, using Google free images
It is not enough to just love someone, but we must serve them....not just in word or in feeling, but in deed.  To love is to lift.  By serving others, we gain a stronger love for that person.
Please take a moment to read the message of Loving and Lifting Others, by clicking on those words, highlighted in red, above.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, I wish that I could be there to hear this one. I love the title of the lesson and your link. Your graphic is beautiful. Blessings and hugs!