Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Crocheted Easter Bunny

I saw the cutest, crochet pattern for a Little Bigfoot Bunny on the internet and decided that I wanted to make one for my grandson for Easter.  Thinking Easter, I wanted it to be a pastel color.  While looking over my sparse supply of yarn, I decided upon using a multi-pastel color.  I had very little yarn of this color but I decided to take my chances because I actually didn’t have any other color that I thought would look like Easter colors.  And yes, I cut it very close….I only had this much yarn left and still had one more ear to make.

IMG_2415

Whew…….I just barely made it.  This is how he looked after getting him all pinned down, ready to sew all his parts together.

IMG_2416

At first, I made the toes on his feet using black yarn but I thought it looked to harsh so I sewed the other foot using blue yarn.

IMG_2427

I decided to use the blue yarn…..but then, the decision….do I sew him together standing, or sitting.  I actually liked him better sitting but I went with him standing because I thought he would be easier to cuddle and love.  I also pinched his ears before sewing them on so they wouldn’t be so wide across the top of his head.

IMG_2426  IMG_2427

I made a computerized face on one of the pictures so I could visualize how I wanted to sew his face.

Capture

Needless to say, my bunny face did not turn out like I had wanted but I didn’t have time to change it.  I will borrow it back another day and re-do his nose and mouth. 
My crochet adventures are always pushing me down to the last minutes, crocheting madly!

IMG_20160330_192015741

For his little bunny tail, I wrapped yarn around my finger numerous times, tied it in the center, cut all the loops, and then finished it off with cutting the loops and giving it a nice trim.

IMG_20160330_192032902  IMG_20160330_192045814

My friend also made the most darling little tie and bow tie that he could wear, but I didn’t get a picture with it. 
Who knows, through all my trials and errors and watching Youtube to see how to crochet, I might just be able to crochet a more advanced pattern, some day!  I do enjoy crocheting, especially when making things for others.  I’ve crocheted a few baby blankets, lots of baby booties, Elmo and this bunny…….  I think I will venture out and try to do a more difficult pattern…or come to think of it……I could finish a baby blanket I started (ahem) a few years back that stumped me when trying to do the finishing edges.

IMG_2572

Baby Blanket.jpg123

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He turned out cute. I bet Grayson liked him...Max

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

Your crochet bunny is adorable! I can't believe you learned to crochet from Youtube! Keep up the good work, it looks great!

Hugs and Love,
Barb