Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April Horseshoe Tree & Rain Drive

For the month of April, I decided to decorate my horseshoe tree with a rain cloud and raindrops.  You know the saying - April Showers Bring May....................  Very basic, but it was a good fit for the month.  For the cloud, I cut a cloud shape out of blue foam then shaded it with dark grey and white acrylic paints to resemble a rain cloud.  I was going to make raindrops out of the same foam but then I found these cute little faceted blue tear drops on E-bay and decided they would look much better than foam drops.
And to fit right in the theme of things, I thought it would be fun to add a little video I took of it raining yesterday as I was out driving.  The rain came down pretty good but did not last very long.  As you can see in the video, there were blue skies ahead and the video stopped as soon as the rain stopped.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well aren't you just clever clever!!!!! The cloud and rain drops are cool and the real rain storm fit in perfectly. Way to go...Max

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

I was wondering what April's horseshoe tree would look like - I love it! It goes perfect with your drive!

Hugs,
Barb

LeAnn said...

I love your April Horseshoe tree it is adorable. You are so creative. The video was a fun one. April showers are much needed around here.
Hugs~