Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Ward Christmas Party Poster

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas………………… From Halloween to Thanksgiving and then Christmas, I get excited.  I just love the Holidays at this time of the year, especially the feeling of warmth that comes along with Thanksgiving and Christmas. 
This year, our church ward is having their Christmas party earlier than past years and I’m thinking it is just the start needed to get everyone’s Christmas spirit flowing into action. 
My second counselor in the Relief Society was asked to be in charge of the Ward Christmas Party this year so I told her I would be in charge of making an information poster that we could send by e-mail.  She also printed off a big one for display and smaller ones to give as handouts.
A few years ago, a good friend of mine used one of my photos and turned it into a nativity scene with the Three Wise Men.  As I was thinking of what to use as a background for the poster, I remembered what she had done with my photo.  I took her idea, using my photo as a background, and embellished it with Mary and Joseph, kneeling by Baby Jesus.  I put them in the bottom left-hand corner of the poster then added the wording.  As I played around with it, I decided it needed more, so I added trees.  And then, of course, what would a nativity scene be without a stable, so in it went.  Oh, and wait…….Wise Men, there needed to be Wise Men!
This is my final creation:

Capture

2 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love this!! Wish I could come. Our ward is having a Santa breakfast on Dec. 19. I like the festive dinner programs better. Love what you did with you photo. I need to take Photo Shop lessons from you. Have a great day.

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

What a beautiful poster, I love the sunset picture, perfect backdrop! Our Christmas party is tonight, Christmas caroling, dinner and entertainment . . .always a good time! The YW are singing, Mary Did You Know, it should be really pretty.

Hugs,
Barb