Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Singing Christmas Bears

I went with a friend to the Arco, Festival of the Trees the first week of December.  In the past, we both have really enjoyed attending this event but this year it didn’t have nearly as many booths as in the past and the attendance seemed way low.
After leaving the festival, we met up with another friend and went out to lunch.  When I went up to pay the bill, there was the cutest, horseshoe tree on the counter.  You could actually use this tree for many holidays, just replacing the Christmas bulbs with items matching the holiday.
But, I must admit………….the most exciting and fun part of the day was when we reverted back to our childhood/teenage years in the Family Dollar store.  As we walked past the toy section, they had some singing, Christmas bears sitting on the shelf.  The picture only shows three, but there was actually four bears that sang.  We both were in charge of two bears and on the count of three, we pushed the little buttons on the bear palms and they all started bobbing their heads and singing “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”, all at the same time……..we had a little bear chorus going on.  The way we were chuckling, you would have thought we were a couple of little kids and for a few moments, we were!
I wrote this blog quite awhile ago but I didn't post it because once again, Windows Live Writer (the tool I use to write in before posting to blogs) is on the fritz and won't let anyone post anything.  I decided it had been long enough so I just copied everything from WLW and pasted it all here.  Blogger is very limited as to how you can post things but for now, I guess it will have to do.
In the meantime, my friend knew of someone that could make the horseshoe trees and ordered each of us one.  I love it........a unique item.  For this year, I made a bow from some old ribbon I had on hand and put some ornaments on it that I also had.  For next year, I would like to get a Christmas bow for the top and different ornaments.

 


5 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh, I did enjoy this one. It looks like you had such a fun day. I always love these kinds of adventures with friends.
I like the horseshoe tree and I can see how you can use it for other seasons. I think I will go and look at the Dollar Store; it may provide some gift ideas.
Blessings and hugs!

daiseedeb said...

Cute tree! You could even paint it!

Cute story too of the singing bears. What fun friends you have. ; )

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Love the horseshoe tree! Bob's brother is a welder and does tons of cute things like this! I can't wait to show him!

Nothing like hanging out with friends, especially if they are goof-balls too! Not that you are a goof-ball . . .;0)

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Even though the festival wasn't as good as others sounds like you had fun with your friends. That is the best part of going with friends. Horse shoe tree is cool...Max

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the horse shoe tree and the little singing bears! What fun. Sounds like you are enjoying the Christmas season! Merry Christmas to you and yours!