Saturday, January 31, 2015

Kitty Litter–Freshness With Every Step

Our front and back door entrances are like one long sheet of ice.  I didn’t want anyone coming to our home and taking the chance of falling………and…….at my age, I look at that ice and think hips…. broken hips.  I couldn’t think of any way to melt the ice so my next option was kitty litter for traction.  I went to the store and purchased the cheapest sack I could find.

IMG_0102

When I got home, I sprinkled it all along the path leading up to our back door.

IMG_0101

Today, however, I used the front door to go out to the mailbox and that path is literally ice…..a nice thick layer of ice.  You guessed it, out came the kitty litter.

IMG_0099

It works really well for traction but every time I step out the door I’m reminded of this commercial.  Just click on the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-zm5sdQ99k&feature=youtu.be

Yep….freshens with every step.  Although the kitty litter I purchased isn’t the same brand as the one in the video, it definitely has a real flowery smell.  When I scatter it along the paths, the flowery scent is pretty strong.  Thank goodness the smell dissipates after time. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog you have here but I was wanting to know if
you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article?
I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get
suggestions from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest.
If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Cheers!