Friday, January 16, 2015

Bathroom Mirror Minus The Fog

I read on a blog somewhere that if you take a bar of soap and rub it on your bathroom mirror it will keep it from fogging up.  You don’t even need to cover the entire mirror…..just swirl that soap around a bit and your good to go.  If the soap bar is too dry, just get it a little damp then try again.  Now, get a clean cloth and buff your mirror off really good so none of the soap streaks show. 

IMG_0027

Yesterday after taking my shower I was excited when I stepped out and realized that the one (I only did one first to see if it would work) mirror I had soaped was clear and the others (our medicine cabinet has 4 mirrors) were totally fogged up.  Wahoo……I ran to get my camera so I could show how neat this was and that it really works. 
As I was standing in front of the mirror snapping photos and then went to preview my photos, what a shocker.  I was so excited about the clear mirror verses the foggy mirror that I hadn’t even thought about or even noticed my body reflection in the mirror.  Mind you, since one side was clear and the other side was totally foggy the pictures only reflected 1/2 a naked body, but still, not a worthy picture to post – Ha! 
Anyways, this morning I had a plan and I stood in different places around the bathroom to see if I could get some photos without standing directly in front of the mirror.  I could see that this was possible so once again after getting out of the shower, the one mirror was still clear with a little moisture, but not too bad.  Snap, snap…..I had my photos.  I don’t know how long the soap will last but I know it lasts for at least two showers.

IMG_0013

The photo below, showing all four mirrors really lets you see the difference. 

IMG_0021

It’s a CLEAR choice for me……….I will be soaping my mirrors more often.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good I'll have to try that.
Didnt' want to publish your first pictures huh...that's funny..Max

Anonymous said...

I want to see the first pictures....Janis....

Amber Sayer Walker said...

I see you hiding behind the shower curtain!

Seth and Natalie said...

Ha ha, it's so clear to me that you are hilarious Marsha!

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Cool! ....too bad we only have soft soap...

Bridget and Ellyn said...

Thanks for the laugh!