Sunday, January 18, 2015

Banana Bread & Only 3 Ingredients

I found a recipe (HERE) for a delicious banana bread containing only 3 ingredients.  That’s right, only 3 ingredients.  I made it using 4 bananas and put all the batter in one loaf pan.  It was super good and because I cooked all the batter in one loaf pan, it took approximately 50-55 minutes to bake.  I think the only thing that would have made it better was if I would have added some chopped nut.  Chopped walnuts added to any recipe is OK in my book (if you can afford the little jewels).

IMG_9976

It was so good that the following week I bought more bananas so I could make another loaf.  This time, I added 1 cup coconut to the batter….mmmmm, love coconut.  I cut off a few slices when it was hot because I wanted to get pictures so I could blog about it……. Ok…….because I couldn’t wait and I wanted to eat a piece.  You can even see all the tender bits of coconut in the pictures I took.

IMG_9997

IMG_0006

IMG_0004

IMG_0007

I don’t know what happened, maybe the bananas were a lot bigger (making the batter too moist) than the first loaf I made, or the coconut, or I didn’t cook it long enough, or what, but when the loaf had cooled and I tried to slice it, it fell all to pieces, literally.  I could not even get one slice that looked descent.  Maybe I should have tried slicing it with my electric knife (just thought of that).  Anyways, the bits of blob are super moist and the flavor is great.  I’m not giving up on this one.  Next time maybe I’ll just try using 3 bananas, but I need to keep the coconut in the recipe.  And….maybe I’ll throw in a few nuts.

Capture

2 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Looks good! Sounds like my kind of recipe, too (3 ingredients)!

Anonymous said...

umm umm it doea look good..i want to try it....Janis....