Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Elk Spotting – Twice In One Week

In the 34 years of marriage and tales of all the elk in the area, I had yet to see one.  Around the 12th of this month, I was in another room of our home when I heard my husband yelling my name and saying “quick, get in here”.  I ran (well, lumbered ran) into the dining area and looked out the window where he pointed out the two elk standing in our field.  Eureka – elk at last!  It was around 9pm so I was unable to get any photos.  But then, this past Thursday, May 15th, a little before 7am, I headed out past the reservoir a few miles to see if I could see the elk that a friend of mine kept telling me about.  It was my lucky day.  Two elk sightings in one week.  Happy Camper!  Now for the perfect shot of a male elk with antlers……probably another 34 years away….but, there’s always hope!  After typing that last sentence, I’d have to have lots of hope cause by that time I will be in my early 90’s and then I will be too old for that kind of stuff – ya think?!

IMG_8479

IMG_8481

IMG_8486

IMG_8489

IMG_8490

IMG_8498

IMG_8504

Just as I was getting ready to take this next picture, a skein of Canadian geese flew overhead……fun.

IMG_8487-002

These next pictures have nothing to do with elk, but needing to come off my elk high, I meandered my way back home, taking photos along the way……….with a little detour of my favorite spot for photos.  My sister will probably say “I’ve seen these pictures many times before”.  But to me, I never tire of taking pictures in the same spot because I see a new kind of beautiful each and every time.

IMG_8500

IMG_8506

IMG_8508

IMG_8509

IMG_8510

IMG_8511

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats Cool you got to see some elk. I want to see some. they are some pretty picture...Janis...

Anonymous said...

ok ok I won't say I have seen those pictures, but a skein of geese....WOW where did that come from. I'm impressed. Oh yeah the pictures are pretty, even if I have seen them ha ha ha. Max