Friday, August 9, 2013

Mini Cheesecake Containers

I had purchased some packages of Keebler “mini” Ready Graham Crusts some time ago and decided I’d better do something with them because they had an expiration date on them that stated they would be best used before July 05, 2013. 

IMG_6527

I was going to lunch with a group of friends the following day so I decided I would make some mini CHEESECAKES…..Yes!  I love cheesecake, especially when making my easy, go-to-recipe.  I’ve had this recipe for over 35 years and it still works and tastes as fantastic as it did back then.  One recipe will fill one regular sized graham cracker crust or 12 mini crusts.

Capture

IMG_6528

IMG_6529

After getting all the cheesecakes made, I thought….hmmm, what could I put them in to take to lunch with my friends that would keep them from sliding around and getting mashed?  Then it occurred to me that my sister, Janis, had saved me a bunch of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) containers.

IMG_6530

Well, let’s see……would they fit – absolutely – almost like they were made for that reason.

IMG_6531

IMG_6533

IMG_6534

These little containers were the perfect fit, having a slightly domed lid.  Even after having the lid on, then taking it off again, my little cheesecakes still looked great.

IMG_6536

The containers also made it a stable surface to hold the pie tins while eating my little cheesecakes.  Mmmm-m-m-m-m!  Still a great recipe, after all these years.

IMG_6539

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum Where is mine. Send one to me ...Janis...

Anonymous said...

That cheese cake looks so good I can almost taste it yum yum yum. Thanks for making me hungry...Max

Seth and Natalie said...

Only classy people take their own homemade desserts in KFC containers to a restaurant.