Monday, August 12, 2013

Entryway Make-Over….Part 2

Yeah!  I finally finished decorating the wall above my new Bombay entryway desk.  With the desk and the wall, I now have a spot in my home that will always look good….until I decide I need another change, right?  I’ve been wanting to get this done for a few weeks now and this weekend I finally got to it and I love the results.  The only change I want to make is to use a different color of ribbon to hang down from the rod to the pictures.

IMG_6644

I also bought a bunch of different colored scarves that I can scrunch up and put on top of the dresser so I can change it for different looks during holidays.  Where fall is coming, I wanted to see what it would look like with one of the scarves so I picked out a scarf in beige and brown tones.  I’m excited to decorate this area for the different holidays.  Come to think of it, I can even change the ribbon to match the holidays, too.

IMG_6666

At first, I was just looking for a picture to put above the desk when someone (I think it was my daughter) said, “are you going to put family pictures there?”  Brilliant…….now why didn’t I think of that?!

IMG_6643

There is a place in Lehi, Utah (Rod Works) where I purchased the rod that hangs above our family photos.  They have many different sizes and styles of rods to choose from.  Besides rods, this place carries loads of items to decorate your home.  I purchased this rod a year ago thinking I was going to put it above my fireplace mantle but it was not long enough and just didn’t look right.  I almost took it back to the store but I just ran out of time…………whew, glad I didn’t take the time to take it back because it is the perfect fit for my entryway!

IMG_6640

No comments: