Monday, August 26, 2013

Bull Moose

Around 6:50 this morning, my husband was headed to work when he called me at our home to let me know there were some moose in the field to the west of our home.  I zipped out of the house hoping to get a good picture of them.  At first, I just saw this little fellow standing about mid-field looking right at me – aha, photo moment.

IMG_6669-001

IMG_6670

But then……and, oh, but then, look what I spotted further down the field off to the left-hand side.  Yes indeed – he was certainly big.  Where he was so far away, the pictures are a little blurry but you still can get the jest of how big he is!

IMG_6672

IMG_6675

Later this afternoon, around 5:30 p.m., I went outside to throw away some potato peelings when I spotted moose tracks in our driveway.  The tracks didn’t show up well enough to get pictures but as I walked further away, there was a partially dried up puddle from a rain storm we received Saturday afternoon.  On the side of this dried puddle was a pretty good moose track.  It measured 5” x 5”.  My husband said the track must have been from the smaller moose.

IMG_6676

I’ll bet you can’t guess where I’ll most likely be early in the morning!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where you going to be??? Where were they when we were there. He is one big animal. Good luck in the morning. Max

Bridget and Ellyn said...

How exciting. We've had deer in our garden for the past 2 weeks and our kids have been quite the investigators. We have collected droppings, measured and followed tracks, then set up the trail camera to get pictures at night. Lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

that is one big moose. they 8 are great
t pictures...Janis...

Seth and Natalie said...

Seth has seen that big guy hanging out by the pivots. He is so cool looking, and makes the other guy look like bullwinkle.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Wow! That big one is majestic!