Friday, May 10, 2013

Dirty Little Fingerprints – Keychain

I work with a student at school and I searched all over the net to come up with something cute and different that he could give to his mother for Mother’s Day.  I found a place where a fingerprint was placed in clay and made for a mother with an attached poem.  I loved it and since I already had some Super Sculpey, sculpturing compund that I’ve had for at least 13 years, I thought I would get it out and see if it would still be pliable enough to work with.  It worked like new so I took it to work the next morning and when the time came to work with my student, off to work we went rolling out clay, cutting out hearts with a miniature cookie cutter, and pressing little fingers into clay.  The pressing of little fingers into clay was the fun part.  Do you know how many times we had to re-roll, stamp, and press to get three good fingerprints?………..!  Most were finger DIGS…took awhile to get a nice print without the total destruction of the clay.  We made three to make sure at least one of them would work.  I brought them home that evening so I could bake and paint them and make a fingerprint card to attach one too.  I had decided earlier to make a keychain from the fingerprint heart and after a little searching, I found a keychain that we no longer used that would serve the purpose.  It turned out So Cute and I think his mom will really like it.

IMG_5388

IMG_5387

Capture

4 comments:

Bridget and Ellyn said...

That's adorable! She'll love it.

Anonymous said...

The kiddies you work with are lucky to have such a good teacher that always goes the extra mile. His mom will treasure it.Max

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Mom! You're so creative and thoughtful! Case is sooo lucky to have someone like you! I'm sure his mom will love it. You go above and beyond what most people would do.

Seth and Natalie said...

That is so dang cute, I love it! I love that you are that patient to keep trying and trying.