Friday, May 24, 2013

Cedar Waxwings

Early afternoon, as I walked out our back door to sweep off the porch, I heard the sounds of cedar waxwings.  They don’t have the same tweet sounds of most birds or the sounds of singing.  It reminds me kind of an insect sound, with a bird like mix….sort of.  If you go to the following site and scroll down about half way, you can click on the Sounds tab to hear them.  The sounds I hear as I go out my door are a mixture of the “Call Rapidly Trilled Whistle” and “Calls of Flocks”.  They have been in our apples trees most of the day picking and eating apple blossoms.  Living where I do give me many awe moments…….you never know what you will see or hear as you step out the door.

IMG_5538

IMG_5542

IMG_5543

IMG_5547

IMG_5548

IMG_5549

IMG_5559

IMG_5561

IMG_5563

IMG_5572

IMG_5570

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are one of my favorite birds. The minute I step out the door if they are around I hear their distinct sound and know it is them before I even see them. I get them in my apple trees each spring and fall. Enjoy Max