Saturday, October 20, 2012

Kenmore Stackable Washer and Dryer

Can I say how much I love my Kenmore stackable washer and dryer.  I got this set when my oldest daughter, who is now thirty, was pretty young.  Add up the math folks…..this makes my stackable around 20 - 25 years old.  In all that time, we’ve only had a repairman come to our home one time and that was to fix a belt.  I know, I’m jinxing myself by blogging about my wonderful Kenmore.
IMG_4472
The lint trap is right on the inside of the door.  Now how easy is that for cleaning out the lint………….VERY!
IMG_4466
And for it’s age, it even has a computerized control panel…LOVE IT!
IMG_4467
Well, around 5-6 weeks ago, my little stackable was making a super loud popping noise that actually shook the dryer a bit every time the drum turned.  As a result, I’ve been using the washing machine part and then hanging my clothes outside since the weather has been so warm.  I actually like hanging out clothes.  I called a repair shop in Idaho Falls (90 miles away from our home) to get an estimate on how much they would charge to fix the machine and this is what I was quoted: $250 just for the trip out…..$79 evaluation…..plus part costs and wages.  He said it would run around $300 – $400.  Ouch!  I was looking at the inside of the drum the other day and noticed a screw that was hanging loose in the back of the drum.  One screw was almost out and another one was really loose.
Capture
My husband went right to work tightening the screws and now it works like a charm, again.  Whew, am I ever glad I didn’t have the repairman come out and pay that kind of money just to be told we had a couple of screws loose.  For that, I think I would have needed a psychiatrist. – Ha!

5 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Phew! Glad it was such an easy fix!

Bridget and Ellyn said...

Have you named them? It sounds like they are a part of the family!

Anonymous said...

Generally I don't read article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very great post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a ton for stating your opinions. Being a writer, I am always in need of unique and different solutions to think about a topic. I actually uncover fantastic creativity in doing this. Many thanks

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this website.
It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's challenging to get that
"perfect balance" between user friendliness and appearance.
I must say that you've done a amazing job with this. In addition,
the blog loads very quick for me on Safari. Outstanding Blog!