Friday, September 14, 2012

Hubby's Bottled Corn

Our garden really produced well, this year.  My husband decided to bottle some of the corn so he took off work on Tuesday (September 11, 2012) and got the job done.  I told him about a method I had seen on the Internet on how to get your corn off of the cob using a bundt pan.  He tried the method and said it worked really well.  It took 5 cuts around the cob to get all the corn off and it took 64 ears of corn to make 40 pints.  As I was looking on the Internet this morning on different ways to get corn off the cob, I came across this site.......too bad I hadn't seen it earlier.....this would have been right up his alley.  He's quite the handy man with tools.  This method would have been a lot more fun, too!  Just look at all his pretty corn.  Good job, hun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me. Three cheers for Evan. What happened to the thing you bought to take the corn off the cob. Your garden has been good to you this year for sure. Max

Mady said...

It looks so yummy! You guys are just canning maniacs at the moment!

Seth and Natalie said...

That does look really good. Great job Evan! I know seth would not take off time from work to ever do this :)