Saturday, September 29, 2012

Clothes Pin Bag

I went with a friend to Blackfoot yesterday to pick up some flour.  While there, we did a little shopping.  One of our stops was at their local D.I. where I picked up a nice, little girls denim jacket.
IMG_4227
Yes, to begin with, this jacket had sleeves in it but I cut them out because I had something in mind for this jacket other than a jacket.  And yes, my frugal friend was un-easy with the fact I was going to cut up this little jacket for my personal use………….but, cut it, I did.  Can you see what my vision of the little jacket is?
IMG_4228
Now it is all sewn around the arms and bottom…….look at what a useful item it turned into.  A clothes line bag to hold all my clothes pins.  I’ve recently hung an ice cream bucket from my waist to hold the clothes pins.  Awkward!  About a month ago, my dryer broke, forcing me to hang my clothes outside…..which I can’t figure out why I didn’t do this years ago (well, I did do it years ago when I lived in a different house).  The clothes dry really fast without using any electricity. 
IMG_4230
I’d forgotten how nice it was to hang my clothes outside in the fresh air…….well, on some days we have fresh air.  With all the fires in our state we have quite a bit of smoke in the air most days.  But today is a great day for hanging clothes without any smoke.
IMG_4231
I made a clothes line of sorts by running  three lines from our gate to a fence post.  The only problem is I don’t get the lines tight enough and they sag quite a bit…..and the moving gate doesn’t help much.
IMG_4232
I got my idea for this clothes pin bag from this site.  And to my frugal friend, who I know follows my blog…….all I need to do, if ever needed, is pull a few stitches out and my little clothes line bag will once again be a nice denim jacket………minus the sleeves…..ah, a denim vest!

UPDATE.......My bag was just a tad bit big so I took it in on the sides and a few inches off the bottom to make it smaller.  I like it much better this way.  Easier to get to the clothes pins.  And, I did not cut any of the material!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It Is A Cute Idea Its A Pretty Jacket Janis

Seth and Natalie said...

I was in Blackfoot too! And I picked up some flour too! Great minds think alike, because I've also been planning a clothespin bag. This is very cute and I might have to copy it with one of Ry's old jackets.