Friday, May 13, 2011

It's Official?

Here we have it folks......I think it's official.  I went outside today, camera in hand, looking for signs of SPRING.  Look at all the Spring Treasures I found right in my own back yard.

My first picture is my Piony bush.  It's not very high but at least it's green.  Even the green blade of quackgrass to the right of the Pionies looks fantastic.  I may not be saying that later, but for right now, let's just pretend how beautiful that little blade is!  Also, notice how blue the sky is!  I think I'm in heaven.  You can see that there are not any leaves or buds on the tree yet but I know they will come.  Ah-h-h-h-h-h-h-h.......I think it's official  

Next, we have the beginnings of my rhubarb, starting to poke through the ground.  I love rhubarb...there are so many desserts you can make from it.  I think one of my favorites is rhubarb cookies.  So yummy and moist!

Now for the Poppies.  I can always depend on the Poppies.  I think they grow where nothing else can, other than Columbines.  The big, vibrant orange blossoms of a Poppy plant are gorgeous.  Too bad they don't bloom longer.

And last, but not least............Magpies.  We actually have them all year long but only in the Spring do you see them on your grass and in the fields, getting worms.  On the other side of the pasture, we just plowed and planted oats, another sign of Spring ....... Farmers/Ranchers planting their fields.  Wahoo - I'm excited!  Is it official?

No comments: