Friday, May 13, 2011

Deer Pets

I just took these pictures out my front room window.  People ask why we don't get a deer hunting license and get us some meat in the freezer during hunting season.  It's kind of hard to kill something that is so tame and are on your yard all the time.  They sure look shaggy this time of year still wearing their winter coats.  Last night I took another picture of a buck that was on our lawn and his antlers were just starting to nub.  It was too late in the evening when I took the pictures and they didn't turn out so good so I decided not to post them.  Oh, and how do you like the looks of our lawn.  The mice/voles really did a job on it this year.  You can see trails all throughout the yard.  This happened a few years ago and the lawn really came in beautiful.  Here's hoping for the same this year.



I took the below picture of these two deer on May 31st, of last year, just outside the back door.  Ah-h-h-h.....Idaho - Life is Good!

No comments: