Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Mr. Owl

Frequently, Mr. Owl who-whos (or is it hoo-hoos) at night and also during the day.  I don't know if he is warning me or just trying to say "Hello", or asking who, who are you?.....but when I go outdoors, he hoo-hoo-hoos at me all the time.  Shouldn't he be sleeping during the day?
I always hear him, but have never been able to see him until Sunday as I was driving down the driveway.  When I was passing the pines I looked up and there he was, sitting very still, way up high.  He never moved a muscle and just sat there so I got out my camera and clicked away.  At least now I know WHO is talking to me.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi!

Wow, that's a big owl! I've always thought that the hoot of an owl was kinda creepy, especially when they are so close. That's crazy that he stays so close by. Once in a great while, I will hear an owl, but never close enough to get a picture...that's truly amazing! Keep snapping away at the beauty in your yard!

Hugs and love,
Barb

Anonymous said...

That is neat Mr. Hootie owl talks to you when you go out. I use to have a chickadee that stayed here one year for a long time and would make his sound when I would go out by my pine tree. I thought it neat....Max

LeAnn said...

Wow, that is so fun that you got a photo of the owl. I haven't heard an owl hoo for years; but I loved it when I did. The wise old owl must like talking to you. I loved this one; so fun~
Blessings and hugs!