Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Teton Mountains Sunrise

Back in March, March 29, 2017, to be exact, in the wee early morning, I was heading across the desert towards Rigby, Idaho, to go help my daughter.  It was right before the Howe, Idaho turnoff that I noticed one of the most spectacular views that I have seen in a long time.  We're talking about a scene that was at least 150 miles away (rough estimate....... according to Google Maps that states that the driving distance between Arco, ID and Teton Village, WY is 157 miles ).  Since I was at the Howe turnoff, I took off a few miles that I guestimated it took to get from Arco to the turnoff.
It was a total awe moment, really.  I've seen the Tetons before, but not silhouetted by a beautiful sunrise.  I also took the time to say a silent prayer to my Heavenly Father, thanking Him for letting me witness one of his beautiful creations.  I tried to zoom in and take pictures from different angles but due to the distance and the semi-darkness of the morning, there is no justice in my photos.  I'm afraid you'll have to use your minds-eye to vision how spectacular this moment really was!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha~

Gorgeous!! I love the colors and the majesty of those beautiful Grands! How lucky for you to get a glimpse of the sunrise, that so many miss out on. Love it!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Wow what neat pictures. Well with the little detour..Max

LeAnn said...

Wow, I love the photos you took. I have such an appreciattion for the beauties of this earth that I loved your story on this one.
Blessings and hugs~