Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sticky Gunk Remover – Doterra Wild Orange

Why, I DON’T KNOW…..but I have a hard time throwing away empty bottles that previously contained food items…like jam, peanut butter, etc.  You know, you can always use an empty jar/bottle for something, right?!  I came across THE MAMAS GIRLS, where they wrote how to make a product equivalent to GOO GONE and with all natural ingredients.  Only two ingredients, to be exact!  Doterra “Wild Orange”, and Fractionated Coconut Oil.

IMG_0333

The instructions on the blog said to use 20 drops of Wild Orange with the Fractionated Coconut Oil but with my usual thinking, I thought… OK, if 20 drops worked, 23 drops will surely work. 
I actually happened to have an empty (15 ml) bottle (ha, see….empty bottles come in handy) of Wild Orange  so I took out the Orifice Reducer (dropper), and holding my new bottle of Wild Orange on it’s side, I let 23 drops of Wild Orange drip into my empty bottle.  I continued to fill the rest of the empty bottle (which now contained 23 drops of Wild Orange) with Fractionated Coconut Oil, returned the orifice reducer, put the lid on and shook it really well to mix the oils. 
Now for the test run…….I took an old peanut butter jar which still had the sticky gunk left on it after removing the label and put a few drops of the homemade gunk remover over the sticky parts.  I spread it around with my finger, waited approximately 10 seconds, then took a paper towel and wiped off the goo. 

IMG_0330

IT WORKED!  I had to apply the gunk remover two time (I also do that with Goo Gone) to remove all the icky, but it really worked, taking off every bit of the sticky residue.  I had my doubts at first but now, I’m a Believer, for sure.  Yeah, no more chemical products to remove sticky ickys, for me.

No comments: