Monday, February 9, 2015

Lady Miners Play District Tournament

My friend called me Saturday morning and asked if I would like to head to Idaho Falls with her.  She explained that we would go to the temple first, shopping, out to eat and then head on over to Firth to watch our girls basketball team play in the “1A Girls Basketball District Tournament”.  I was a little hesitant because I had been having bouts of vertigo for the previous three days but after a second or so, I told her I would go. 
I’m sure glad of the decision I made because it was a wonderful day and vertigo didn’t even enter the equation.  I had called my daughter and told her we were going and she decided to meet us at the temple.  After the temple session, we decided to eat in the temple but after viewing the menu, we decided we would eat somewhere else.  My daughter decided she’d better go home because there were some items she needed to purchase before the stores closed so we parted our ways at the temple. 
My friend and I continued on to Wal-Mart.  While there, I got a phone call from my daughter wondering where we were at.  She had called the place she needed to go and found out that they did not close until later so she decided to go eat with us and was waiting at Café Rio.  I told her we were all but finished and would meet her there shortly.  Besides my daughter, my friends son and his wife also met us there.  I got their sweet pork salad with the tomatillo ranch dressing.  If you have never tried this dish, it is a must.  This my favorite menu item at Café Rio.
Well, after eating and minus my daughter (she headed back to her home), the rest of us headed to Firth. 
IMG_0121
Oh my, the entire ball game was one of those on-the-edge-of-your-seat, games.  My pictures are a bit blurry….I haven’t figured out how to do the action part of my camera, yet.  Because of the blurriness of the pictures, I made them HDR-ish, which took away some of the blur.  Our team, Mackay Miners, are the ones in the red uniforms.  The entire game was very close in scores from the first tip-off.
IMG_0123
First “foul shot”…..SWISH!
IMG_0126
At half time, the score was 18 – 18.  I told you, it was an exciting game.  Continuing on………. intense plays, time-outs, and more swishes – Woot, woot!
IMG_0140
IMG_0141
IMG_0132
Photo of score board….Mackay ahead by 2 points – Whew.
IMG_0139
And the count-down is on………….
IMG_0143   IMG_0144
IMG_0146  IMG_0147
Another “SWISH”, or two and a great block at the other end of the court……………..
IMG_0149
And……………. we have the girls district winners!
IMG_0150
Congratulations, Lady Miners……..1A Girls Basketball District Tournament, CHAMPIONS!
IMG_0153
IMG_0155

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. Pictures were nice and clear on my kindle.