Friday, June 27, 2014

My Day – Cows..Cactus..Killdeer..Peonies

Today on our three-mile walk, there were some cows in the middle of the road.  At first, when the cows saw that we were approaching their territory, they ran up the road a ways, turned around and watched us.  When we reached where they were, well, as you can see, they could care less that we were there.

IMG_8870

IMG_8872

The cactus are really blooming.  I took this picture so my sister could see them.  I am going to cut off a few colors and take them to her.  She has a lot of different cactus from various places and I thought I would take her a few Idaho cactus.  She said that once you cut them off you need to just let them sit for about a week then stick them in dirt and they start growing again.

IMG_8869

As I was making my way home, I saw two Killdeer along the side of the road.  One just stood there and let me take a picture.  I didn’t realize they had such a prominent ring around their eyes. 

IMG_8874

IMG_8874-001

I took the following picture of Killdeer back in 2008 while visiting my family in Utah.  They don’t look anything like the picture I took today.  Maybe they are female, or maybe young Killdeer…….?

IMG_2348

At home, my last red peony bush is in bloom.  Peonies are such a pretty flower…..too bad they don’t bloom for a longer length of time.

IMG_8876

IMG_8877

IMG_8878

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are some pretty pictures...Janis...