Monday, June 23, 2014

Kitty Rescue

This morning as my friends and I were walking, one friend pointed out that she could hear a cat meowing and she spotted it at the top of a power pole.  We kept calling the kitty trying to see if we could coax it down from the pole.  We could tell by its actions that it was a tame cat.  I called my husband, who works at the electric company and asked him if they saved cats from power poles.  He said in a slow, sliding kind of way…”Yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss”.  So then I went into my spill about how we had found a cat stuck at the top of a pole.  He stated that they give the cats a day to come down on their own before attempting to make a rescue.  So, that was it and after trying a few more times to coax the cat down, with no success, we continued on our way, walking away from the cat.  We felt so bad for the kitty because as we were walking away, it started meowing louder and sounded so forlorn. 

IMG_8850

IMG_8853

As we were continuing our walk, my friend said that she had gone walking this same route on Saturday and had heard a cat meowing and just thought it was out in the field.  I called my husband back and told him that we thought the cat had been on the pole since last Saturday and then we hung up.  A minute later, he called back and said that a couple of men were on their way to get the cat and asked it’s location.  One of my friends who lived approximately 1 mile away went to her house to get some cat food while I waited in the area for the men to show up.  Within 10 minutes, the men were on the scene rescuing the cat.  This was amazing to me….I really didn’t think they would come just to get a cat off the pole.

IMG_8854

IMG_8855

IMG_8858

IMG_8859

After getting the kitty down, we all made a fuss over him and he calmed down immediately.  I sat on the ground by him and gave him some of the food my friend had brought.  He was pretty hungry and started chowing down.

IMG_8861

IMG_8864

My friend said that it might belong to some people that lived about 1/2 mile away and we decided it was too tame to not belong to someone so she got in her vehicle and went to the home to see if they were missing a cat.  While she drove to the home, I stayed with the cat while he continued eating.  He was such a nice kitty that if we couldn’t find its owners, I was thinking of bringing him home.

IMG_8867

Within a few minutes, my friend was back and said that it did belong to the people down the road and the lady was very excited we had found him.  He had been missing since Friday and she had been looking all over for him.  We took him back to his home and gave him to the lady………she was excited to get him back and told us that his name was Tucker and he was a highland lynx.

Well Tucker, I guess today was your lucky day but you’d better be careful because you only have 8 lives left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

little Tucker was in luck for sure when he saw you ladies out for your walk. You did your good deed for the day..Max