Friday, June 6, 2014

Baked Garlic Asparagus

I went over to a friends home a week ago just as they had finished eating.  She had some asparagus sitting there and she told me how she cooked it then gave me a piece to try.  I kid you not, I will never boil asparagus again, ever.  I just made me some today and, well, oh my was it good.  As I was scarfing it down, I decided I’d better put a little on a plate, get a picture of it and blog it.  I even took it outside on the grass to get good lighting.  On the way in the house I started eating it cold and it’s not too bad that way, either.  But, I do prefer it hot.

IMG_8471

Here's how I made it per my friends instructions.

Capture

Note:  For legal purposes, I made the recipe card using a graphic from the following site and needed to link back to the site if using the graphic on the internet…. http://www.foodclipart.com/food_clipart_images/two_pea_pods_with_nice_fresh_green_peas_0515-1006-1906-3443.html

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Lots of catching up to do! I love all of your pictures! Believe it or not, I love Magpies, they just remind me of my grandmother's house, and of good times! We used to have lots of them around, but not so much anymore, don't know why, they just left!

I love Iris, they are one of my favorite flowers! My grandfather called them weeds, he just hated that they would spread and get into everything! Out towards Spencer, where we like to camp, there is a spot I like that has tons of wild Iris, they are so pretty!

I'm going to try your asparagus recipe, it sounds and looks scrumptious! When we lived in Blackfoot, 20 years ago, we had lots of it growing on the ditch bank, so much that I would freeze it and have it all year long!

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Barb

Seth and Natalie said...

It makes me sad that you even boiled asparagus at all, because that's just gross! I do love this asparagus!