Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Moose, Moose, and More Moose

Yesterday, September 3, 2013, around 6:45 a.m., my husband called telling me that a bull moose was in our field along the highway but he was on the move.  We, my cousin and I jumped in the car and headed up the road.  By the time we got there, he was quite a ways off and then as we turned our heads for a short moment to watch some deer cross the road, the moose just disappeared.  We went back to the house and headed down our back lane to see if we could see him again.  We spotted him in the hay field and shortly thereafter, he jumped the fence and disappeared in the trees.

IMG_6796

I told my cousin that maybe we could see him again if we took the road over the bridge and headed to the other side of the river.  As we were headed that way, we saw five more moose.  One bull, two babies, and two mamas.  It was really misty because of the rain and moisture in the air so I was only able to get a picture of one mama and one baby.

IMG_6810

IMG_6811

I was hopeful that if we stayed there long enough that the sun would burn off the foggy mist.  Guess what?………….It did!  By that time, the bull moose and one mama and one baby had moved off into the trees but this mama and her baby stayed.

IMG_6822

IMG_6828

IMG_6830

After watching them for quite some time, I guess the mama moose decided enough was enough and she urged her little one to start moving and they ran off into the trees.

IMG_6833

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the ones in the mist are cool looking. Looks like some eerie place. Good shots..Max

Anonymous said...

The moose in the mist is cool pictures good shots....Janis...