Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pie Cherries Fine Line

My little pie cherry tree is loaded with cherries. 



The sad part of my little tree is............there's a mighty fine line between when I think the cherries are ripe enough to pick for human consumption and when the birds think the cherries are ripe enough for a scrumptious dessert.  When I came home last evening and pulled in the driveway, a little birdie told me the cherries were ready to pick....the tree had Robins, Magpies, and Cedar Wax Wings in it, hopping from one cherry to the next, feasting happily.  Gotta love nature, sometimes.  I shooed them away and decided I'd better get up early in the morning and get to picking.  I guess it was on the "Fine Line" so to speak because the cherries were not quite ripe, but A-L-M-O-S-T.  I did pick enough to make a cherry cobbler from a recipe I'd gotten off of the Internet. 

The cherry filling part of the recipe is excellent but the topping part, not so much.... needs a little tweaking. 


Did I ever mention that I'm a recipe nerd?  I'm always looking up recipes on the Internet, printing them off, but rarely venture out and actually put them to the test.  Still collecting, though!

No comments: