Saturday, July 14, 2012

King Birds Hatch

I was outside today and was watering my flowers when I kept hearing some peeping.  We have some King Birds out our back door that are using an old nest from last year.  When I looked up at the nest, I saw two baby King Birds stretching their necks upwards as if looking for their next meal.  I ran in the house to get my camera and when I got outside, the parents were there squawking very loudly and before I knew it, the baby birds sunk down deep in the nest, totally out of camera view.  Hmmm-m-m-m-m-m, obeying their parents immediately - how nice - Ha!.  I kept watching the nest and pretty soon, one of the little birds poked his head out and placed it on the rim of the nest.  You can see his fuzzy, little head and if you look close, you can see his little beak hanging over the edge of the nest.  Nature - Amazing, huh!

I just went back outside to see if I could get a better shot of the babies and the same little one had his head up and it looks as though he is smirking the way his beak is.  I'd also say that this little fella is having an awful bad hair day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bad hair day is putting it mildly. Just think very shortly he will be a beautiful king bird just like the parents.

Anonymous said...

They Are Cute Little Babies And Fun To Watch--Janis