Friday, July 27, 2012

Going Batty

Night before last, I had a very difficult time sleeping because it seemed like all night long I could hear some plastic rustling.  I was in and out of a restful sleep so in the morning, I questioned myself as to if I really heard plastic rustling or was it in a dream, or just what I was actually hearing.  Last night when I went to bed, I realized that my clock was blinking because of a short power outage we had earlier in the morning.  While I was tuning my clock to the correct time, there it was, the rustling of plastic.  This time I was wide awake and knew for a surety that it was not my imagination or a dream.  I'm leaning over the side of my bed, listening, trying to find the exact location when I noticed something in the bottom of my garbage can, right next to my bed.  I leaned in a little closer for better inspection when I realized what it was........................IT WAS A BAT.......yes, you heard me....IT WAS A BAT!  I let out a scream and jumped out of bed.  My husband's saying, "Marsha, Marsha, are you ok?"......."Marsha, what's wrong?"  When I told them there was a bat in my garbage can, he asked, "How did it get there?"  Like I knew!  And I wasn't sticking around to find out.  He told me to get another garbage bag, cover it up and take it outside.  I kind of did a little nose snort and said, "I'm not taking it outside, you do it."  MY HERO......he gets another bag to cover the garbage can/bat, when my camera/reporter instincts kicked in and I told him to let me get a picture before he took it outside.  After posing for my photo, my husband took the little bat outside and dumped him on the porch.  He came out on his back, we watched him turn over, then he just layed there.  Guess who didn't get any sleep last night, thinking about the bat and could there be any more.  I even contemplated going out and sleeping on the couch.  Let's just say that for two nights now I haven't gotten any sleep and all because of a little bat.  He's not on the porch this morning so who knows............................?  Oh, and the plastic bag noise came from the plastic grocery bag that I lined my garbage can with................I know, I'm a whimp, totally.

2 comments:

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y said...

That is crazy! I haven't been getting any sleep either (uncomfortable) but of course for a different a reason. I would of screamed too! Ugggg, glad it wasn't me :O) Thank goodness for Even

Anonymous said...

I have heard of bats in your belfry but in your garbage can. WOW I don't think I would have slept either. Max